Introduction for Supporters
Background and Directions for Supporting Scientific Research Projects
Research Stir is presenting scientific research project applications from all natural science disciplines. These are concise descriptions of the actual full size projects that were submitted to us. The projects are opened to various types of support. The ways of support acceptable by submitting scientists are listed at the bottom of each project presentation.
Whether you represent a company, foundation, association, or club, are a private individual, or are one of us – scientists, you can become a supporter and you can make an important contribution to our goal of stirring up the underfunded, isolated and in several other aspects deficient current scientific research.
Society benefits when the fruits of research are exploited for social and economic purposes. Responsible sponsoring of scientific research reflects the belief, which is widely substantiated, that when it is well-managed it benefits everyone.
Independently how beneficial it may seem, we advise that before engaging in partnering, contracting, collaboration or direct sponsoring of scientific research projects several questions be considered:
- how to identify a potentially transforming research project
- what to expect from supporting the project
- what are the legal aspects of engaging into scientific research support
- how to be a responsible partner, contractor, collaborator or direct sponsor
- how to draft a proper and effective Research Agreement, and is legal support required for that
These above are very important questions to answer before you engage in scientific research support. We here at Research Stir would like to help and guide you in that as much as possible. We need however to emphasize here three important subjects:
- First: we are not law professionals and we cannot provide you with any legal advice. However, we can help you to find a legal representation for your scientific research supporting initiative.
- Second: we cannot give you any guarantees that the other party that you have found on our web pages including project PIs and their institutions will act responsibly and truthfully. As in general population, even among the top scientists, there are individuals whom you cannot trust or rely on without reservation in certain situations and conditions. Your common sense is very much required here. This is why a well structured, written Research Agreement is important to both sides of the contract.
- Third: we do not collect funds or any other tangible goods on behalf of the support of the scientific research projects presented by our service. We merely advertise the research projects which could benefit from external support.
When you decide on any type of sponsoring a link is provided for you to receive more detailed description of the project along with the primary investigator and the involved institution contacts. We charge a fee of $175.00 for that service. After clicking on the "Pay Now" button at the bottom of project presentation page you will be transferred to PayPal service to perform the payment transaction. When your payment is received you will be provided with a download link for the extended project description and project PI and institution contacts. From that point, the following steps of your support engagement, including contacting the PI, are independent from our service. We don’t take any part in your communication and agreements with the project PI and the project overseeing institution. We encourage you to check all the legal aspect of your sponsoring as given above, and seek legal representation when needed to sign a potential Research Agreement with the PI and the project Institution.
We trust you will have advantageous and rewarding scientific research support experience, which eventually will bring important social purpose benefits as well.